We are looking for a new Bitergian DevOps Team Member to help us …
- To write effective, scalable code
- To develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- To improve deployment workflow to shorten the systems development life cycle while delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, this position has been filled. However, we might have new positions open! If you wish to work at Bitergia, please email email@example.com with your CV
We are looking for a Python Developer to join our engineering team and help us develop, maintain and improve deployment workflow of GrimoireLab, our stack for software development analytics.
DevOps team member responsibilities include writing and testing code, debugging programs, and full platform deployment updates. To be successful in this role, you should have experience using server-side logic, modern deployment tools, cloud technologies, and work well with a mostly remote team in Central Europe Timezone (CET).
Additionally, Bitergia eases team members participation in international conferences, as a tech spokesperson for our company, to deliver presentations and demos.
Salary range shall be from 25.000 to 35.000 € depending on the candidate skills.
- Write effective, scalable code
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Test and debug programs
- Coordinate with engineering team to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- Improve deployment workflows to reduce systems development life cycle
- Work experience using Git as Python Developer or DevOps team member (+3 years)
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, or Flask)
- Work experience with Docker, and related technologies and continuous integration/delivery methodologies and technologies like Ansible (+1 year)
- Proficiency in English
- Free, open source software knowledge and background
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Nice to have
- Experience participating in free, open source software projects (please include references)
- Familiarity with ELK stack (Logstash, ElasticSearch, Kibana), SQL (MySQL or MariaDB), Python ORM libraries (SQLAlchemy, elasticsearch-dsl)
- Work experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An outgoing, friendly personality, and a desire to meet new people
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills
Bitergia helps companies and organizations to understand software development projects through data and metrics about their activity, community and processes.
During its short history, Bitergia has become a reference in open source and inner source software development analytics. It is an active member of The Linux Foundation CHAOSS (Community Health Analytics for Open Source Software) and the InnerSource Commons projects. And some of its customers include from open source foundations like The Linux Foundation or Mozilla Foundation to well known open source companies like Red Hat or companies relying on open source technologies or inner source methodologies like Uber or Autodesk.
Submit your Résumé / CV / references..
If you are interested, please, send us an email!