Perceval goes on the quest to retrieve and gather data from git, GitHub, Bugzilla, JIRA, Gerrit, mbox, pipermail, StackExchange, Discourse, etc. for producing valuable indices, with GrimoireELK.
New release: Perceval 0.7.0
The new release increase the brunch of sources supported, gaining accuracy for the tracking of the project.
New features and improvements:
- New set of backends added (some of them sponsored by our clients):
RateLimitErrorexception added for handling rate limit errors.
- Code was cleaned to follow most of the PEP8 style guidelines.
- retry calls on SSH commands were added to avoid temporal server errors
HTTP 404errors are managed when user’s organizations are fetched
RateLimitErrorexception is used
- In Mediawiki backend, the log messages written when a revision is not found were set to ERROR when the real level should have been WARNING.
- The URL used to fetch jobs in Jenkins was not common to all servers.
- When UUIDs are generated with some input data, some errors may be raised due to problems encoding invalid characters on the input. To avoid these problems, a surrogate escape control error has been set when data is encoded to UTF8. (#123)
- Handle Meetup requests rate limit. (#126)
We want you to test Perceval and Grimoire following the under development tutorial. If you are a GitHub user you might try The Cauldron for free to analyze some GitHub organizations. And of course, feedback, issues and pull requests are always welcome!!!