We are so excited about starting the new year with our contribution and participation at FOSDEM 2017.
FOSDEM is the strongest reference event for developers and geeks to meet and know the hottest incoming tech topics since 17 years ago.
In 2000, Raphael Bauduin, a Linux fan from Belgium, decided to organize a small event for Open Source developers. He named it ‘Open Source Developers European Meeting’ (OSDEM). From the second edition OSDEM became FOSDEM and every year host more than 5000 developers and Open Source geeks.
FOSDEM is our natural environment. We have joined it in a lots of editions and we are very proud to come again this year as speakers. We are also going to set up a stand for chatting with all our friends with special gifts for our community.
These will be our contributions to FOSDEM 2017:
Just a few hours before the welcome party, we will celebrate our GrimoireCon, with some clients, such as Red Hat, Linux Foundation and Mozilla telling their experience using GrimoireLab technology.
There will be two hours workshop where we will cover from the basic training for using Grimoire toolkit for tracking Open Source and Inner Source software development processes, to manage them through metrics and KPIs, to and an advance tutorial for software developers and managers to get full advantage of GrimoireLab open source technology.
Despite our usual meeting point in the cafeteria, there will be GrimoireLab table to meet our clients and friends. We would like to invite you to join our stand to meet us, have a little chat and give you some goodies. Find our stand in H building in ULB Solbosch Campus.
- How Rust is being developed. Rust is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm, compiled programming language sponsored by Mozilla Research. It is designed to be a “safe, concurrent, practical language”, supporting functional and imperative-procedural paradigms. (Wikipedia).
Jesús M. González-Barahona, will show the dashboard about Rust, built with GriomoireLab, the FOSS system for retrieving data from software development repositories, storing it, and producing different kinds of analytics, dashboards and reports. Meet Jesús on Saturday, 4th, at 13:30 in the room UD2.218A.
- The Document Foundation Development Dashboard. LibreOffice is, probably,the largest libre, open source productivity tool built by a large community. Jesús will describe how the community works and how the software is being made with an OSS analytical dashboard. Know the inside of the mythical LibreOffice, on Saturday the 4th at 16:50 in the room K.4.401.
- The Document Foundation Development Dashboard. Hands on! LibreOffice’s dashboard is a mine of data that you can drill to better understand the project and the characteristics of community that support and develop the project. Learn how with Jesús at this working session on Saturday the 4th at 17:10 in the room K.4.401.
- Data Science for Community management. José Manrique will talk about the concerns of “community managers”, “developer advocates”, “developer relations”…
All of them share some goals and responsibilities: community’s health, productivity and visibility. Bitergia’s dashboards help them to manage communities with data collected from different sources and help Community Managers to make their decision. Meet him on Sunday at 9:35 in the room AW1.124 (Community Devroom).
- GrimoireLab, a Python toolset for software development analytics will explain how to analyze software development repositories of common use in the free software community with GrimoireLab tools, our loved toolset for software development analytics writting in Python. Jesús will drive this talk as part of Python devroom, on Sunday, 5th at room UD2.210
We are working hard to bring you at FOSDEM some news and products for building your own development community metrics. We will be waiting for you in our stand to discuss about Open Source, Inner Source, development, communities and new achievements.
Come and join us!