One of the main activities of Bitergia, our brand new company, is to provide software
development metrics from Free/Libre Open Source Software communities, thus
for us it is critical to have the best metrics tools available. During last years
we have been working in the development of some of them like CVSAnaly, Bicho and Mailing List
stats and now we think that these tools should be part of a bigger
and more neutral project where the LibreSoft research group and third parties
like our company can collaborate in order to create a bigger community. This is the
main target of the project Metrics Grimoire, which is based in some of the
tools that were formerly known as LibreSoft tools.
The project is hosted in Github and so far the tools that have been added are:
- CVSAnalY, a tool that extracts information out of source code repository logs and stores it into a database.
- RepositoryHandler, a python library for handling code repositories through a common interface.
- MailingListStats, a command line based tool used to analyze mboxes.
- Bicho, a command line based tool used to parse bug/issue tracking systems.
- CMetrics, which measures size and complexity for C files.
If you are interested in the tools or if you want to collaborate with us you can reach
the Metrics Grimoire community in this mailing list:
the Bitergia team.